In this session:
Tampa Bay Library Consortium
Using LibAnswers to Provide Statewide Ask A Librarian Reference Services
TBLC is the Florida statewide Ask a Librarian service, with over 130 Academic, School, Special, and Public Libraries participating. Their live chat and SMS service is open 84 hours per week, with 24/7 email reference support. In early 2015, they switched to LibAnswers to provide consortial-level Ask a Librarian email/chat/sms reference.
- A brief overview of virtual reference, TBLC's Ask a Librarian Service, and their use of LibAnswers
- TBLC's migration to LibAnswers and results with statistics
- The use of LibAnswers as an internal librarian knowledgebase so that librarians from the over 130 participating libraries are better informed when answering questions from other institutions
- The creation of public-facing FAQs for their patrons and users
- And the creation of FAQ widgets deployed across multiple sites - library websites, LibGuides, Library Catalog, Blogs, etc.
Training Session Software
For our sessions we use Zoom. There is a small browser plug in required for entering the webinar. It will download automatically when joining the webinar or can be downloaded in advance (Zoom Client for Meetings). For additional help using Zoom, check out our Trouble Shooting Guide.