Embed E-Reserves Into Courseware: Resources on Demand
- Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm U.S. ET (UTC -4)
- Talia Richards
- Session type:
- Sneak Peek / Product Tour
- Sneak Peek Room: https://springshare.zoom.us/j/874158916
- Products covered:
In this session:
Resources on Demand at Point-of-Need
When students need to access course reserves, required readings, or electronic reserves... their first thought isn't the library. Students are taught from day one that all the resources they need for that class are inside their Blackboard, Moodle, Sakai, Desire2Learn, or Canvas course.
- Need the syllabus? It's in the Learning Management System.
- What about uploading that research paper? Do it in the LMS.
- Finding the outline for their assignment? Download it from the LMS.
If students are told over and over to find the materials they need for a course inside their courseware tool, why would they think that E-Reserves wouldn't be in there also?
Special Guest Speaker
Hear from guest speaker, George Hart, Library Director from the University of Massachusetts, Lowell Campus on how integrating their LibGuides E-Reserves content into their courseware tool provided resources on demand and at point-of-need.
LibGuides E-Reserves Add-On Module
The LibGuides E-Reserves Add-On Module is the most cost-effective E-Reserves solution on the market and can be easily added on to either your LibGuides or LibGuides CMS subscriptions.
A major feature of E-Reserves Module is the LTI Tool - enabling you to integrate course reserves natively inside Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas, Desire2Learn, Sakai, and any other LTI-compliant courseware tools.
During this 30 minute webinar, we'll cover:
- (10min) Brief E-Reserves Tour - Join us for a quick tour of the E-Reserves Module features, with a deeper dive into the LTI Tool and how it works.
- (15min) University of Massachusetts, Lowell
Guest Speaker: George Hart will discuss:
- Synergy between e-reserve modules and OER, open textbook initiatives.
- Ease of use of the LTI option with Blackboard, to integrate e-reserve modules.
- E-reserve modules and an information architecture based on LibGuides; the box as the content unit, the guide as the storage and delivery unit.
- (5min) Q & A - Come prepped with questions!
Recommended Help Guide: Why Subscribe to LibGuides E-Reserves Module?
Products covered: LibGuides & LibGuides CMS
Registration is not required, but is recommended to receive a reminder email and ics file to add to your calendar.
Training Session Software
For our sessions we use Zoom. There is a small browser plug in required for entering the webinar. It will download automatically when joining the webinar or can be downloaded in advance (Zoom Client for Meetings). For additional help using Zoom, check out our Trouble Shooting Guide.