In this session:
Promote & Increase Usage of Your Library of 'Things'
Your library circulates more than just books. You're lending equipment like laptops, tablets, headphones, cameras, tripods, and more. You're circulating sewing machines, neckties, 3D Printers, buttonmakers, and costumes. And, your library offers free or discounted museum and zoo passes for patrons.
In this 30min tour, explore how you can create a digital storefront of your Library of 'Things' that rivals Amazon!
- Quick Overview Tour: If you've never heard of LibCal, we'll spend 3minutes covering the basics.
- Examples: View examples of public libraries using LibCal's Equipment Booking Module.
- Visually Focused Public Catalog: Tiled-based layout makes it easy for patrons to browse and reserve equipment.
- Customizable Booking Form: Create a question bank and reuse book forming questions multiple times.
- Add to Cart: Adding items to the cart allows patrons to reserve multiple items with one reservation.
- Flexible Scheduling: Circulate items for hours or days with flexible scheduling options.
- Mediated Equipment Bookings: Approve/Deny bookings on a case-by-case basis.
- Authentication Support: SAML, CAS, Shibboleth, Active Directory, LDAP, and SIP2 authentication so only authorized users can borrow items.
- Hours Module Integration: Already using LibCal Hours module to manage your library hours? The Equipment Booking setup process allows you to connect to your Hours module so you'll only have to manage availability in one place.
This session is intended for: All Users
Products covered: LibCal
Registration is not required, but is recommended to receive a reminder email and ics file to add to your calendar.
For our sessions we use Zoom. There is a small browser plug in required for entering the webinar. It will download automatically when joining the webinar or can be downloaded in advance (Zoom Client for Meetings). For additional help using Zoom, check out our Trouble Shooting Guide.