LibGuides Bootcamp Workshop (In-person 8:30am PT)
In this session:
It is time to get your LibGuides site in shape! Get ready to get down and dirty as we take apart LibGuides and see how to build better, more organized, and more visually appealing guides. We will even discuss using LibGuide CMS to power your website. You will need to be a System Admin to access all of the tools we will be covering in the session. A basic understanding of CSS and HTML is recommended. While this session will cover LibGuides CMS only features, you do not need to have LibGuides CMS to attend (but after you leave you might want to upgrade). The session is for all libraries, Public, Academic, School Libraries and more!
In this session you will learn how to:
- Enhance your homepage.
- Feature content from your collections.
- Use images in your guides effectively.
- Create gallery boxes to promote all types of content.
- Get the most out of your A-Z Database Manager.
- Customize your site’s look with some CSS tricks.
- Build a Profile Page blueprint guide for staff.
- Organize your site content.
- Modify site language.
- Integrate other Springy Tools into your site.
- Use LibWizard to assess your library services.
- Consider accessibility when adding content and customizations.
- And More!
This session is intended for: Admin Users
Products covered: LibGuides & LibGuides CMS, Preconference
Training Session Software
For our sessions we use Zoom. There is a small browser plug in required for entering the webinar. It will download automatically when joining the webinar or can be downloaded in advance (Zoom Client for Meetings). For additional help using Zoom, check out our Trouble Shooting Guide.