Saving Time with LibCal & LibStaffer (In-person 10am PT)
In this session:
Staffing your library, sharing library hours, hosting events, and allowing patrons to book library spaces and equipment are essential to library success. Unfortunately, managing all of these can take a lot of time. Join us as we show you how to set up and streamline the process in LibCal and LibStaffer. Whether you are new to LibCal or LibStaffer, or have had it for a while, we'll help you maximize its potential. We will take an in-depth look at all of the features LibCal and LibStaffer have to offer to help you save time.
In this session, we will show you how to:
- Set up easy-to-embed library hours
- Organize calendars and events with internal tags and categories
- Create an Event Template
- Share content on social media
- Managing event attendance and follow up with attendees
- Set up and share spaces with both staff and the public
- Lend out equipment and even charge for it!
- Create staff schedules
- Set up LibStaffer Forms for hiring staff, tracking incidents during shifts and more
- And of course, generate stats to share with staff and admins.
This session is intended for: All Users
Products covered: LibCal, LibStaffer, Preconference
Registration is not required, but is recommended to receive a reminder email and ics file to add to your calendar.
Training Session Software
For our sessions we use Zoom. There is a small browser plug in required for entering the webinar. It will download automatically when joining the webinar or can be downloaded in advance (Zoom Client for Meetings). For additional help using Zoom, check out our Trouble Shooting Guide.