- Products Covered:
- LibGuides Training Room: https://springshare.zoom.us/j/625567293
- User Level:
- Session Type:
- Basic Training Session
- Carrie Williams
Designing for a mobile world is a key component of website success. In this series, we will look at content, design, and putting our knowledge into action.
While LibGuides is built to be responsive, meaning that your LibGuides site will render well on large as well as small devices, there are certainly choices that you can make in terms of content, layout, and design that can improve how your LibGuides site looks and works on mobile devices. We'll cover content considerations, layout choices, and style/CSS customizations in Sessions 1 & 2. Session 3 is a 5 x 5 that covers the practicalities of creating a mobile guide to serve as a tour.
- Session 1: Content types for mobile - selection and presentation
- Session 2: Design*
- Layout options and template modification options
- CSS customizations and media queries
- Session 3: 5 x 5 Building a mobile tour.
- How to create a mobile walking tour in 5 steps.
*Some portions of this session (template modification options and CSS customizations) require some familiarity with HTML and CSS, but all are welcome to attend.