How College of the Mainland Uses LibAnswers Proactive LibChat
- Monday, August 26, 2019
- 12:30pm - 1:00pm U.S. ET (UTC -4)
- Talia Richards
- Session type:
- Guest Presenter
- Sneak Peek Room: https://springshare.zoom.us/j/491805126
- Products covered:
In this session:
... and saw a 431% increase in usage!
Hear from guest speaker Kathryn Park from the College of the Mainland discuss how implementing LibAnswers Proactive LibChat widgets helped the library increase user engagement.
Kathryn will cover:
- How the COM Library started with LibChat.
- Where they've embedded chat widgets and how they work.
- How they're making it work with canned messages, FAQs, integrated READ scale, etc.
- The results which included a 431% increase in chat engagements.
What is LibAnswers w/ LibChat?
LibAnswers is your multi-channel communication platform, helping you boost interactions with users via Twitter, Email, SMS, Facebook, searchable FAQs, and LibChat.
LibChat, a component of LibAnswers, empowers you to create proactive chat widgets that are customizable and embeddedable across your many web sites. Embed a proactive Libchat widget that engages users within 45 seconds on your library homepage and a different proactive Libchat widget that displays after 2 minutes inside your discovery layer. There's no limit to the number or types of chat widgets you can create. All chats, no matter where they originate from, come into one operator console for easy answering.
During this 30 minute webinar, we'll cover:
- (10min) Brief LibAnswers Tour - Join us for a quick tour of LibAnswers, including all the many components that are at your disposal, from searchable FAQs, a robust ticketing system, social media management, LibChat, to the systems & services management tool.
- (2min) LibChat Proactive Chat Examples - We'll explore 2 - 3 examples of different proactive LibChats engaged at real institutions!
- (15min) Proactive LibChat Leads to Real User Engagement - Guest speaker Kathryn will present on how implementing a LibAnswers Proactive chat widget led to a significant increase in chats at the College of the Mainland Library.
- (3-5min) Q & A - Come prepped with questions!
Products covered: LibAnswers
Registration is not required, but is recommended to receive a reminder email and ics file to add to your calendar.
For our sessions we use Zoom. There is a small browser plug in required for entering the webinar. It will download automatically when joining the webinar or can be downloaded in advance (Zoom Client for Meetings). For additional help using Zoom, check out our Trouble Shooting Guide.