Creating LibGuides that Rock (Free In-person 2:00-4:30pm ET)
In this session:
Join us in the city of Rock and Roll and get your LibGuides ready to go Platinum! We will show you how to auto-tune you guides to get the most range and build better, more organized visually appealing guides. You will need to be a System Admin to access all of the tools we will be covering in the session. We also spend some time learning how to integrate other Springy tools into LibGuides including LibAnswers and LibCal. While this session will cover LibGuides CMS only features and LibAnswers, you do not need to have either of them to attend. (but after you leave you might want to upgrade). The session has an academic library focus.
In this session you will learn how to:
- Clean up your guides and your system.
- Better organize your content.
- Use images in your guides effectively.
- Create gallery boxes to promote all types of content.
- Customize your site’s look with some CSS tricks.
- Organize your site content.
- Modify site language.
- Consider accessibility when adding content and customizations.
- Integrate other Springy Tools into your site, including LibAnswers and LibCal.
- Embed FAQs
- Library Hours
- And More!
This session is intended for: Admin Users
Products covered: LibGuides & LibGuides CMS, Preconference
Registration is not required, but is recommended to receive a reminder email and ics file to add to your calendar.
Training Session Software
For our sessions we use Zoom. There is a small browser plug in required for entering the webinar. It will download automatically when joining the webinar or can be downloaded in advance (Zoom Client for Meetings). For additional help using Zoom, check out our Trouble Shooting Guide.