Using LibGuides to Promote Social Issues With Timely Responses
- Monday, June 24, 2019
- 11:30am - 11:45am U.S. ET (UTC -4)
- Talia Richards
- Session type:
- Live @Conference
- ALA 2019. Washington, DC: Booth #3136
- Products covered:
In this session:
Engaging Your Community... with Timely Content
All teaching librarians know - the most successful teaching sessions are based around an assignment, or project, or task.Why? Because contextual learning = long-term learning. That same equation applies when you connect learning resources with topical, current events. Users are far more likely to engage with and deep-dive into material when the subject matter is topical and relevant to them.
- Why - Hear our reasons for why creating #TrendingNow content is important to your community.
- Examples - See some examples from our community of libraries!
- Organize - Creating these #TrendingNow LibGuides can have a short shelf life, so use tags to organize these trendy guides.
Products covered: LibGuides & LibGuides CMS
Registration is not required, but is recommended to receive a reminder email and ics file to add to your calendar.
For our sessions we use Zoom. There is a small browser plug in required for entering the webinar. It will download automatically when joining the webinar or can be downloaded in advance (Zoom Client for Meetings). For additional help using Zoom, check out our Trouble Shooting Guide.