- Products Covered:
- LibGuides Training Room: https://springshare.zoom.us/j/625567293
- User Level:
- Session Type:
- Basic Training Session
- Jen Forgit
Imagine a patron walks into the lobby of your library and finds a dedicated computer where they can search the catalog, book a study room, reserve time with a librarian, or even register for a library program. Navigation buttons on the page let the user toggle between different areas. Patrons won’t get lost -- even if the browser controls are hidden to prevent users from visiting other websites – because the navigation is always visible.
- Determine what you want your kiosk to offer.
- Create a template for your kiosk guide.
- Note: Changing a template's layout requires modifying HTML code, so having some familiarity with HTML is important.
- Add Content.
- Learn how to integrate other Springshare Widgets into your kiosk like these from LibCal:
- Book a Librarian
- Reserve a Study Room
- Library Hours