Setting Up Calendars for Online Events
2:00pm - 3:00pm (Eastern Time - US & Canada) change time zone
- Products Covered:
- Session Type:
- Admin Setup Session
- Jen Forgit
Calendars are an essential part of any library's website. With the closures and limited hours due to COVID-19, we want to help you adapt your calendars and events. Create event templates for different virtual events, customize your calendar display, and embed calendars outside of LibCal. We will also look at how to cancel/postpone in-person events and let the registrants know.
- Setting up calendars & customizing calendar settings
- Creating virtual event templates
- Using Zoom and online event URLs
- Adding streaming content instructions to email templates
- Embedding calendars and promoting events with widgets
- Posting events to social media
For our sessions, we use Zoom. There is a webinar client required for entering the webinar. It will download automatically when joining the webinar or can be downloaded in advance (Zoom Client for Meetings). For additional help using Zoom, check out our Trouble Shooting Guide.