- Products Covered:
- Session Type:
- Product Demo / Sneak Peek
- Talia Richards-Resendes
Meet our 24/7/365 Chat Reference Librarians Mimi Pappas and Ven Kontou and learn from their decades of combined experience delivering top-rated chat reference. They'll share their tips, advice, and takeaways for quickly getting at what the patron is really asking and how to best serve them. If your library offers chat reference, or even if you're thinking of offering it - you won't want to miss this SpringySession!
- (15min) Quick overview of LibAnswers + LibChat including an intro to the 24/7 Global Cooperative.
- (30min) Tips, Hints, and Strategies for delivering high-quality chat reference.
- (15min) Time for Q&A.
Meet the Speakers!
Mimi Pappas has been chatting online since 1999. She worked f2f at University of Florida in Reference and Instruction and started chatting there, and moved to online only in 2003. Prior to becoming a librarian, Mimi taught ESOL and Freshman English at the university level. In her spare time Mimi participates in large scale musical theater productions.
Venetia (Ven) Kontou worked face to face at the University of Nottingham Libraries (UK), and at the Open University Library (UK) where she moved to online only. She has been chatting since 2014. Prior to becoming a librarian, Ven taught and supported special needs students, grades 9 to 12. When she is not at work, taking long walks, or learning a martial art, she likes creating hand made jewelry and gifting them to friends and family.
Registration & Confirmation:
- Registration for this event closes two hours before start time.
- Registration closes at 9am US Eastern Time.
- One hour before the event, you will receive an email with instructions for signing into the event.
- If you wish to only receive the recording, please disregard this email.
- When registering, please use your institution email address and not a Gmail or general email address.
- Using a general email address may delay your registration and ability to attend this webinar.
- Can't attend the live event? Simply register to receive the recording!
- The recording will be sent a few days after the event.
*By registering for this event, you consent to be contacted by Springshare.