In this session:
The Only Calendar Tool You’ll Need
LibCal is a robust calendaring tool and its four distinct modules work together to provide an integrated solution.
- Event Registration & Management
- Room and Equipment Reservations
- Hours and Locations Management
- Librarian Appointment Scheduler
Enjoy Synchronized Bookings
Two-way sync room and librarian reservations with Microsoft Exchange / Outlook! Room reservations made via Exchange will automatically block off availability in LibCal and reservations made via LibCal are automatically pushed to Exchange! Exchange support means you could potentially integrate LibCal room reservations with touchscreen panel displays. Enjoy synchronized reservations across all possible booking points, with minimal setup effort.
Check-Out Public Libraries Using LibCal
We'll cover a variety of examples showcasing how public libraries, big and small, are using LibCal to do more, save time, and improve workflows.
- Overview Tour - a brief tour of LibCal including all four components.
- Mobile-First/Responsive Design - Learn how LibCal displays beautifully on any device.
- Integration With Patron Authentication Systems - LibCal integrates with various authentication schemes for easy patron login before bookings or event registrations. [Shibboleth, LDAP, SIP2, LDAP, self hosted supported]
- In-Depth Statistics - Produce detailed reports showing how library rooms, equipment, and spaces are being used.
- Combine With Other Springshare Tools For Improved Workflows - If you're using other Springy Tools, enjoy seamless connections between LibCal and LibGuides, LibAnswers, LibChat, and LibWizard.
Seamless Migration from Existing Calendaring Tools
LibCal offers a fast migration from your existing calendaring tool - we'll migrate over past/present/future events and room-bookings plus all your statistics!
This session is intended for: All Users
Products covered: LibCal
Training Session Software
For our sessions we use Zoom. There is a small browser plug in required for entering the webinar. It will download automatically when joining the webinar or can be downloaded in advance (Zoom Client for Meetings). For additional help using Zoom, check out our Trouble Shooting Guide.