24/7 Chat - Join the LibAnswers Community
- Saturday, January 25, 2020
- 2:00pm - 2:15pm U.S. ET (UTC -5)
- Talia Richards
- Session type:
- Live @Conference
- ALA Midwinter: Philadelphia Booth #1056
- Products covered:
In this session:
The LibAnswers Cooperative Live on Feb 28, 2020
The LibAnswers 24/7 Cooperative allows librarians across multiple LibAnswers systems to provide collaborative chat reference. Librarians answer patron chats on behalf of all member libraries within the cooperative.This means, all of your patrons can get library help, even when your physical doors are closed.
The 24/7 Cooperative is staffed by contributing member libraries and dedicated Springshare MLIS reference librarians.
- Service Levels - Contribute to the 24/7 Cooperative, or not; choose coverage for nights and/or weekends only; or choose coverage for select time-periods... we've got lots of service options available.
- Options to Create a Local Cooperative - Are there a few libraries in your consortium? Consider joining together and creating a local cooperative. Chats default to the local library first, then roll's up to the local cooperative, and finally the 24/7 Cooperative.
- Cooperative Overview - Includes creation of chat widgets, signing into the 24/7 Cooperative (if contributing hours), answering chats, and more.
- Reportings & Stats - View the types of reports you'll have access to - including how often your patron's chat widgets were answered by the 24/7 Cooperative.
Recommended Help Guide: The LibAnswers Platform
Products covered: Flash Presentation, LibAnswers
Registration is not required, but is recommended to receive a reminder email and ics file to add to your calendar.
For our sessions we use Zoom. There is a small browser plug in required for entering the webinar. It will download automatically when joining the webinar or can be downloaded in advance (Zoom Client for Meetings). For additional help using Zoom, check out our Trouble Shooting Guide.