Promoting Book Clubs with LibGuides CMS & LibCal
- Thursday, March 22, 2018
- 9:45am - 10:00am U.S. ET
- Talia Richards
- Session type:
- Sneak Peek / Product Tour
- ALA-Annual New Orleans: Booth 3920
- Products covered:
In this session:
Improve Participation and Communication of Book Clubs and One-Read Programs
Communicating Book Club events and facilitating offline discussion and research are made easy with LibCal and LibGuides CMS.
Both LibCal and LibGuides CMS provide a simple, easy-to-use, mobile-first, accessible, and affordable “out of the box” solution.
- LibGuides CMS:
- Creating a Book Club or One-Read LibGuide: Including adding Book information, discussion groups questions, and more.
- Using Discussion Boards to promote an online discussion forum.
- Using Blogs to showcase upcoming events at the library and author information to keep patrons informed and engaged.
- Creating Book Club or One-Read calendar events with registration.
- Using Integrated Social Media to amplify outreach.
- Connecting events to your LibGuide.
- Examples: View real-life examples of libraries using LibCal and LibGuides CMS to promote their Book Clubs / One-Read Programs.
Products covered: LibCal, LibGuides & LibGuides CMS
Training Session Software
For our sessions we use Zoom. There is a small browser plug in required for entering the webinar. It will download automatically when joining the webinar or can be downloaded in advance (Zoom Client for Meetings). For additional help using Zoom, check out our Trouble Shooting Guide.