- Products Covered:
- Sneak Peek Room: https://springshare.zoom.us/j/491805126
- User Level:
- Session Type:
- Product Demo / Sneak Peek
- Talia Richards
Hear guest speaker Michael Epstein from the University of San Diego’s Copley Library discuss how implementing the LibAnswers Proactive LibChat widget helped them increase engagements 600%.
LibAnswers is your multi-channel communication platform, helping you boost interactions with users via Twitter, Email, SMS, Facebook, searchable FAQs, and LibChat.
LibChat, a component of LibAnswers, empowers you to create proactive chat widgets that are customizable and embeddedable across your many web sites. Embed a proactive Libchat widget that engages users within 45 seconds on your library homepage and a different proactive Libchat widget that displays after 2 minutes inside your discovery layer. There's no limit to the number or types of chat widgets you can create. All chats, no matter where they originate from, come into one operator console for easy answering.
Guest speaker Michael Epstein noted in his College & Research Libraries News article (Sep, 2018) after launching a LibChat proactive chat widget,
"A comparison of chats answered September 2017 through April 2018 with the same period for 2016 through 2017 revealed a nearly 600% increase. This large statistical increase in chat requests led me to conclude that the previous widget was not being noticed by many users."
During this 30 minute webinar, we'll cover:
- (10min) Brief LibAnswers Tour - Join us for a quick tour of LibAnswers, including all the many components that are at your disposal, from searchable FAQs, a robust ticketing system, social media management, LibChat, to the systems & services management tool.
- (2min) LibChat Proactive Chat Examples - We'll explore 2 - 3 examples of different proactive LibChats engaged at real institutions!
- (10-15min) Proactive LibChat Leads to Real User Engagement - Guest speaker Michael Epstein will present on how implementing a LibAnswers Proactive chat widget led to a significant increase in chats for the Copley Library's reference department.
- (5min) Q & A - Come prepped with questions!
Epstein, Michael. "That thing is so annoying: How proactive chat helps us reach more users." College & Research Libraries News [Online], 79.8 (2018): 436. Web. 3 Oct. 2018